Can I just say that I love coming home? I really do. I love pulling into our garage, knowing that husband-dear finally caved into my pleas to let me park in the garage which, although it is meant for two cars, is so full with his ten bikes and riding lawnmowers and golfclubs and tools and kids' bikes that it only holds one of our cars. I love opening the door to our house, and having two dogs completely lose it because I'm. Home. At. Last. There's nothing like two dogs wagging their entire bodies and jumping all over each other so they can be really close to mommy right now yay! I even love balancing my purse, my travelmug, my lunchbag, and my laptopbag, while trying not to trip over said dogs, and make my way into the kitchen to give husband-dear a hug. If I'm lucky, one of the kids is hiding behind the laundry room door, ready to scare me witless, and have me throw the cold contents of that same travel mug all over the floor, or a wall, or a dog, whichever is closer. And if I'm really lucky, dinner will ready in just enough time for me to pull off my 1950s hose and skirt, and get into some serious jammies. So yes. Coming home is fun.
So you would think that as it's now 5:18pm, and I've just finished my last class, I am dying to go home. And you know what, I am not entirely thrilled. And it's really because the moment I walk in the door, I know I have to leave again in less than twelve hours. So basically, coming home reminds of the fact that I'll have to leave again. And I guess I like home so much, I really don't want to. Every time I come home, I realize how badly I just want to stay home. Just for a day. Just so I can hang out in the afore-mentioned PJs, lay on our couch, hug the doggies, watch TV, and read books. And watch everyone else come home for a change. Because even though coming home is fun, welcoming someone else home is even more fun.
Who knows. Maybe tomorrow will be that day.
On second thought, probably not. I think I like coming home too much to miss that. So I better leave before the doggies forget all about me.
No comments:
Post a Comment