As you have all probably noticed, I have been far from active on my blog this week. And the week before that too actually. That's because I have been busy. And yes, the semester did end July 3, and yes, the Facebook research project was wrapped sometime last week as well. I have just been busy living my life. It's no wonder I'm always tired throughout the school year - just living my life without my job is exhausting. There is just so much to do.
For instance, as I'm writing this, I'm also putting away this week's groceries. And yesterday, as the youngest had his guitar lessons, I simply had to go to Pier 1 imports. I mean, I had not been there since Christmas, so it was high time for another visit. However, I only had half an hour, and I saw two simply adorable Asian tea sets. Now you and try and decide between two tea sets in less than thirty minutes; let me tell you, that is stressful. Not to mention all the books I still have to read. There's an entire basket in my bedroom just calling out my name, and many more on Amazon, waiting to be ordered.
And then of course there are the more serious manners. There's our pool that requires maintenance. I can't tell you how much work it is each day to put on my bathing suit and sunscreen, and make sure the pool is in tip-top shape. You have to skim the whole pool, then you have to measure the chlorine levels, the PH level, maybe add a little salt to the water, figure out how long you should run the pump that day, and make sure all of our inflatables are usable. It's stressful. Not to mention having coffee with friends, talking on the phone, and watching a lot of TV. It's just disgusting to see how behind I am on my reality shows. I mean, if you want to stay on top of televised popular culture, that requires a good few hours each day right there. And of course there's all the pampering; nail appointments, massages, haircuts. It's a lot of upkeep, let me tell you that.
So yes, that is why my blog has been less than active. I will try and do better though, I promise. And if nothing else; I go back to work August 3, and I will have plenty of time left over for blogging.
3 comments:
Je hebt 't maar zwaar :)
Putting away groceries and writing a blog at the same time... that's real multi tasking!
I feel so sorry for you! I can only imagine how stressful it must be to have to choose between two lovely tea sets, to have to fiddle around at the pool, to have fun discussions with your friends..my goodness, I'm glad I'm not in your fluffy spa slippers! I only have loads and loads of work to do, hooray!
Post a Comment