Zero: the amount of money it cost to listen to the best live blues-jazz bands in the country
One: really big conference badge (and I mean really big. Big as in, is that a poster, or a badge?)
Two: incredibly scrumptious Louisana dinners (red beans and rice, Shrimp and rabbit Jumbalaya, and Creole Shrimp).
Three: wedding parties that wound through the streets of the French quarter, waving white handkerchiefs, and dancing to a walking Delta blues band.
Four: days away from home, boys, and puppies.
Five: presenters per panel.
Six: panel presentations per day.
Seven: stops for gas on the way out and back
Eight: dollars for an O'Brien's hurricane
Nine: blocks to find a CVS (no, not related to number eight. Honestly).
Ten: minutes for a presentation on social media.
Eleven: trips across a busy intersection to get from one conference location to the other.
Twelve: hours until I'm expected in a meeting at work tomorrow.
Thirteen: the number missing on every floor, which really threw me for a loop whenever I was looking for my own room (wait, 15 comes after..11?)
Fourteen: loads of laundry when I got home (or at least it felt like it)
Fifteen: Amount of money it would have cost me per day to get online. And thus the explanation why I haven't blogged in almost a week.
2 comments:
Nice!
I wish I could come up with a witty sixteen comment, but I've got zero.
Post a Comment