Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Blog world

Must....write....blog.....Have......to........think.......of......awesome....topic...
But Oh My God What Am I Going To Say That They Haven't Heard A Million Times Over?!!!!!

That is what the past day and a half or so have felt like. Seriously. I mean, let me ask you, do you really want to hear about my rude and poorly prepared students? Again? Or would you rather hear yet another tale about the idiosyncrasies of southern leadership as practiced as my unnamed university? Or how about another little pastoral tale about spring? I must say I really do wonder, as I get tired of hearing them myself.

You see, the real problem is that I read other people's blogs. And I really shouldn't. Because most of these bloggers actually have really interesting things to say. Or at least they know how to say things in a really interesting manner. I read blogs of people who actually GO places, you know, like museums and restaurants, and who talk to people and then write about it. It's fascinating! These people actually do things besides sleep, drive to work, work, drive home, exercise, and go to sleep. And then there are those people who are always doing something REALLY amazing. Like painting the inside of their entire house by themselves and adding in stencilling in the kids' rooms and little ships in the bathroom, and while they're at it, new wainscotting for the the dining room in that wonderful new sundust (tm) that they discovered while browsing through a Martha Stewart magazine. You have no idea how badly I want to do that to our house (well, minus the ships possibly), and then, most importantly, write about it. But I don't have the time (and if anyone has the balls to say, then MAKE time, I am sorry, but I will have to come over to your house and shake you. Very thoroughly). And then there are the amazing moms. The people who write about their kids and the projects they do together, like making their very own birthday party invitations, or baking ten million differrent kinds of cookies, or yet again, painting their bedroom together. I don't mean to imply that our kids are deprived, but sometimes I wonder if they are. We don't do arts and crafts together, and getting them to clean their rooms is like pulling teeth, let alone getting them to PAINT them. My main excuse is that they're boys, and did I mention that I don't have time yet?

So yes, obviously, my solution would have to be to to not read blogs anymore. Notice I use "would". Because, quite clearly, this is not going to happen. I am just going to have to inform you that unless you like reading about such themes as "OMG, my head is going to explode, I'm so busy!" or "My students just got worse", or "Sweet tea is really nice, especially when you drink it on the front porch while watching your crepe myrtles sway in the soft southern breeze", "Let's write Dutch and confuse all my English-speaking readers", or "My house is a mess and I do care but can't do anything about it" or even "I just ran 9 miles and may have hurt my hip, again", you may not want to visit my blog anymore. Because I can try to be Martha Stewart, Miss Arts and Crafts, Miss Air Force person, Miss whatever, but I'm not.

Now that we've got that out the way, who wants to hear about the student who yelled at me last week and had me file a complaint against her?

6 comments:

Vic said...

Just to see if you really will come over to my house to shake me, I'm going to make this comment: "Then MAKE time" :-P
I'll have the stroopwafels ready here waiting for you ;-)

Annemiek said...

Sure, let's hear it.
You have plenty to say!

Elmosplace said...

As Vic said:
then MAKE time! :->

But keep on posting, please! I really love to read them.

Bibi said...

I really want to hear your story. Must...Keep...Writing! ;-)

Geert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Geert said...

Bugger, waaaaaay too late with the 'then MAKE time' comment...

Anyway, come over, shake me and then you can sit down for a bit with vlaai, coffee and drop.