I've written about three introductions to this blog, and none of them seem to do justice to the lame-ness of the conversation captured below. One version focused on how husband-dear and I share a terrible sense of humor; another talked about how we're both just really speeeshul, while another one was all about the importance of having a large vocabulary when trying to understand our family (as well as a lame sense of humor). But none of them really cut it. So I decided to instead just share with you the conversation that took place between husband-dear and Ozzie, our oldest, during lunch:
Ozzie is eating a bowl of Steamworks corn, and the smell has apparently wafted into the kitchen where husband-dear is cooking something. I'm in the living room, cleaning our windows.
Husband-dear, "Wow, that corn smells really good."
Ozzie, "I know."
Husband-dear; "It's smells just amazing. Amazing."
Me; "Yes, it's just like corn straight off the cob."
Husband-dear is now laughing quietly at himself, "Yes, it's amazing, a-amaize-ing, get it? Get it?"
Ozzie sighs, "Yes, dad, I get it."
Me, "Ama..? Oh, OK."
Husband-dear is still giggling, "You know, like maize, the native American word for corn."
Ozzie, "Dad. I get it."
Husband-dear, "Well, I'm glad you like it. Just make sure you don't eat too much, or...." he pauses for dramatic effect, "you'll get husky." He breaks out into silent laughter, and I can see Ozzie roll his eyes at this obvious display of parental idiocy, "That's just hilarious dad. Really."
Husband-dear, "Well, OK, I guess that was kind of....corny." He now can't stop laughing at himself.
"Yes, dad, " Ozzie sighs, "very funny. Really."
But husband-dear isn't one to give up this easily, "Yes, it was corny, but thank you for lending me your ears anyway.".
Ozzie has decided that ignoring his dad is the best policy, so husband-dear turns to me, "Get it honey, ears?"
"Yes dear, ears."
I'm telling you, fish gotta swim, and birds gotta fly, and I gotta love that man till I die. Seriously.
3 comments:
:))
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I LOVE corny jokes, and the fact that this was all about corn makes it that much better. I literally laughed out loud. Love it!
LOL LOL!
Post a Comment