Pages

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Customer service...

...not so much.

I realize that the US is known for its customer service. And on the whole, Americans in restaurants, stores, and really anywhere else are incredibly friendly and service-oriented. But every once in a while, you run into the one American who would do better in a Dutch restaurant, than working at a, say, Burger King drive thru in the Georgia countryside. Just tonight, husband-dear and I had the most hilarious conversation with just such an employee, and I could not resist sharing it with you.

Employee: Welcome to Burger King, may I take your order?
Me: Yes, I'd like a small chocolate shake and a small banana smoothie.
Employee: What size would you like?
Me: uhm, small?
Employee:Ok. So that's one small caramel sundae...
Me: Uhm, no a small chocolate shake
Employee: Ok. One medium chcoloate shake.
Me: No. A small one please
Employee: Oh, ok. That will be $1.89. You can pull up to the first window.
I look on the screen and see just a small chocolate shake, so...
Me: What about my banana smoothie?
Employee: oh, we're out of those.
Me: Oh?
Employee: But we still have a mango smoothie.
Me: Well, I'll have that then.
Employee: What size?
Me: slaps forehead

Yeah. Really.

1 comment:

Elke said...

He/she probably didn't apply at your university. ;-)