Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

And then there were none....

I have friends all over the world.
Literally.

I have friends in Nijmegen, Groningen, Amsterdam, Rotterdam, Hilversum, and every single small Dutch town in between.

I have friends in Italy, in Monaco, in Germany, Belgium, and in France. Friends in Helsinki, London, Muenster, and Wales.

I have friends in Bangkok, in Aidelaide, Kenya, Vancouver, and St. Maarten*.

I have friends in Maine, New York, Massachusetts, Ohio, Idaho, Florida, Alabama, Virginia, Hawaii, South Carolina, Texas, LA, San Francisco, Las Vegas*, and as of next week, I will also have a friend in Chicago.
And another city to add to my list of places to visit. I hear it has a great marathon. And lots of wind.

True, all of this makes for a great collection of Christmas cards, some pretty neat getaways, and the opportunity to, no matter where you are, be only a few hours away from rekindling an old friendship, meeting one of your best friends, or just catching up where you left off last time.

But sometimes, every once in a while, usually right around PCS season, I wish I had just one good friend left right here.

Anyone? Anyone?

*I'm sure I've forgotten at least several of my friends in this list. I'm sorry, but there are only so many points in a list readers can handle.

4 comments:

Jessica Lynn said...

:( this makes me sad.

Petra said...

Move to the jungle here ;). But seriously, my best friends keep moving away too, no fun!

Annemiek said...

Virtual hugs!

Ron said...

Dixie chick!!!!

I'm also dutch and live in georgia since 2000.
Since you have dealt with INS I have a few questions regarding "Verklaring behoud nederlanderschap"

Ron
velzen@comcast.net