Wednesday’s to-do list
Laundry
Call furniture store
Make sure sprinklers are off at eight
Buy fridge
Appliances are an interesting facet of home life in the
Now, usually, the love of my life and I usually make large purchases such as fridges and washer/dryers together. We are definitely the embodiment of the “poldermodel”; all decisions are made after long and sometimes arduous negotiations. However, yesterday, after spending several days shopping for a new floor, a paint color for the kitchen, and driving across town numerous times to sign a million forms, husband-dear literally told me to please go and buy us whatever fridge I thought would work. It’s not often that I get to spend that much money all by myself, so I was a little excited. However, this was before I actually started looking. I had no idea there were that many options out there. We knew we wanted a double-door refrigerator, but do we want smooth sides or textured? White or almond? An ice-maker in the door or in the freezer? Transparent crisp drawers or not? Separate cheese drawer or just a little shelf? And how tall did we want it? And did it have to have a separate dispenser for ice and water, or could we do with just one nozzle?
Also, we have, apparently been selling ourselves way short with our current refrigerator. I can’t begin to tell you how many salesmen told that there was no way a four-person family could live with a fridge that is a mere 35”wide. The average American family has to have at least
See, this is why I like having a house that comes with all the appliances. You don’t have a choice between a white light or a blue light in your ice dispenser, and so you take what you get. We have barely looked at the stove, dishwasher and microwave in our new house. We just made sure that it’s similar to what we have now, and that it works. I don’t think we really like the style of the stove, but who cares, it came with the house, if we end up not liking it, we’ll replace it. Easy enough. Honestly, I don’t like having all these choices, especially since I’m the one who will end up having to live with the choice that I alone made. I know that whatever fridge I will buy, I’ll probably find something wrong wit hit, and then blame myself for at least a considerable amount of time.
So could someone please do me a favor, and pick one out for me? Thanks.
5 comments:
How are you able to keep enough food stocked in a 35'' fridge!?!? You must be malnourished... that explains a lot. :-o
While a little on the small side, too, this looks like an ideal fridge:
http://www.slipperybrick.com/2007/05/hello-kitty-mini-fridge/
And this one's highly functional:
http://dannyseo.typepad.com/my_weblog/2006/10/questions_answe.html
Obviously, I'm bored. Enjoy your shopping.
Shoppen met andermans geld? Ik ben altijd kandidaat! Spijtig dat ik niet bij je om de hoek woon.
Een goede indeling van de schappen is belangrijk. Die van ons was goedkoper maar een beetje onhandig met de indeling. Succes ermee!
Trouwens wel leuk dat je man is mee gegaan met verf uitzoeken!
Er is niks mis met de huidige koelkast toch? (Wat ik me ervan herinner wastie prima, haha) Dan zou ik gewoon op zoek gaan naar die :-)
Voor ons geen verticale vrieskast, die moet boven de ijskast zijn. Anders is de ijskast zo nauw. Geen idee of die van ons 35 of 36 inches is, maar hij is groot genoeg voor ons gezin van 5! Hoewel we hebben beneden een tweede voor drankjes.
Post a Comment