Midterms are a lot like giving birth; it's painful, takes far too long, and somehow you forget how horrible it was right after it's over.
Obviously I'm not in the middle of labor right now, but I sure am in the middle of midterms. Once again I'm wondering how on earth I survived this in previous semesters, why I felt the need to assign major papers in three of my classes, and why I thought having students do presentations this week was such a good idea. Between midterms and playing nurse, I have had about ten minutes to sit down in the past five days, have slowly felt my friendliness eroding, and haven't even had a chance to update my blog. It's a complete disgrace. I know.
Now I need to go teach a class, tell a student that they can come back during office hours, grade various papers, and deal with late assignments. I will be back (hopefully anyway).
No comments:
Post a Comment