Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A hint of green

One of my early morning routines is to read up on all of my blogfriends' lives. Of all the early morning routines I have (feed children, feed dogs, remember to take shoes to work, check work email), this has to be one of my favorite ones. This morning though, my little tour through blog-world was enough to make me turn just a hint of green. OK. I'm lying. My friends' weekends made me jealous. There. Now go and tar and feather me. But honestly, if you would read what they had been up to, and you were me, you would be jealous too.

There's Bibi who did a whole bunch of really cool things with her herbs and has all these really cool plans for her yard that I can only dream of. There's Dennis who went to an awesome concert, Annemiek who got to meet up with a friend, and clean the outside of her house, something we really need to do as well, of course there's Petra who got to take a cool bike ride, eat out at these great little restaurants, and go to a friend's party, and I don't even want to talk about what the other Petra has been up to. And that's just a mere selection of everyone's Labor Day weekend.

Now I know that everyone in the blogosphere, as well as all my Facebook friends, and my real-life friends know that I worked my butt off this weekend. After all, I'm not one to keep it quiet when I feel as though life is treating me unfairly. While everyone else was cooking out, swimming, and doing goodness whatever else, I sat at my desk, behind my computer, near a window where I could see everyone frolicking around outside, and feeling like a true martyr. But you know, that's not really why I'm jealous. I mean, I got a lot done, the paper is looking really good, and I actually feel as though I may have retained some of the braincells that got me through school.

No, the reason I'm just slightly jealous is that I'm tired. I wanted a weekend where I could clean the house, ride my bike, go to a concert and mess around in the yard. But having to work meant I couldn't rest. And so I'm tired. And not just I-had-to-get-up-at-five tired, no, I'm possibly-brain-dead-tired. I stumble over words, shake my head a lot to stay awake, and am praying for Steve to get here so I can have some coffee. But Steve is smart, and decided to come in late today. Either that, or he's solving a problem at the radio station, and then when he hears about what everyone else did this weekend, he'll be even more evnvious than I am. You see, Steve may be a pain, but he is in fact the other half of this paper, the brainy half so to speak, and so he suffered this weekend as well, just like me.

So I really can't wait for Steve to get here. We can be tired and greenish together. And drinks lots of coffee. Sounds swell!

6 comments:

Bibi said...

Too bad you didn't get to do anything fun, even with that extra holiday! I know the feeling of being brain-tired. I hope you get some time soon to recharge and do whatever it is that makes your garden grow(And I really didn't mean to rub it in;-))

Petra said...

Aw, big cyberhug! Hope you get the chance to take a long bike ride soon again!

Annemiek said...

O, I feel sorry for you. You were asking for sympathy, right? :)
I hope you get a break sometime soon!
(oh, and our house is only partially done...)

Cisca said...

I am possibly-brain-dead-tired all the time. So my weekend was pretty lame... Does that help? ;-)

Bianca (Hollandranch) said...

Ha ha sounds soooo familiar the weekend you had, wanted to work in the yard, play around with the horses but instead my b..t is soar from sitting that many hours working on my computer placing orders, answering emails etc etc.
I go shopping tomorrow ! (read: feed store, grocery store ;-)

Petra said...

I'm sorry.... Blogworld can be though!
Maybe it will help to think of the 14 hour ride back we got ahead of us going back home. Or the pile of laundry that awaits me. And just imagine all the mail and get a full 9 days of bills all at once....
With that idea in mind, you might be happy that you were just sitting at your desk doing useful things, like making a great paper!

Groetjes,
Petra