Once again, we all survived commencement. No one succumbed to boredom, the heat of the insanely warm auditorium, and everyone behaved in a very pompous and circumstantial manner. Personally, I say let's bring on Christmas break.
However, as always, unwinding is not something that comes naturally to me. I know people who will come home the evening of their break, and immediately switch to "chillax"mode, not even bothering to properly hang up their robes until the beginning of the new semester (or next commencement, as proven by the wrinkled robes in the chair next to me). Not me. And not my robes. Especially not after an insane semester such as this past one. I still have so much energy pumping through my veins, I've spent the past two days bouncing around the house. I ran twelve miles yesterday, did all the laundry, including the whites which are usually husband's dear's job, took time out to see a local company perform "The Nutcracker", cleaned out my computer, tidied my purse and work bag, developed a gazillion pictures, started on my scrapbook, managed to catch up with two friends, make two more appointments for the next few days, and decide to pimp up my blog just a little.
Yes, just because apparently my body thinks unwinding is for wimps, I am going to try and snazzy up my blog a little bit in the next few weeks. I have yet no idea what exactly it is I'll be doing it, so please don't expect any dancing poodles/dry ice/warm and fuzzy posts, but you know, I'll see what I can do to keep you all interested.
In the meantime, I am going to see about doing some groceries (and pray that I run out of energy soon..good grief this is getting out hand. Next thing you know I'll be polishing our silver..sheesh...)
2 comments:
Het is moeilijk om het opeens langzamer aan te doen! Caffeine heeft daar natuurlijk niks mee te maken :)
lol Scott would say: Yoooogaaaaa
Post a Comment