"DC is my wife.
and I love her...
and will for all my life"
Husband-dear's spontaneous warbling in the kitchen
So I know I've been a total slacker when it comes to blogging this week.
I have.
And every time I get in my car to gallivant around town, I realize how badly I need to write a blog about people's inability to use turn signals and turn lanes. But then I come home, turn on our Christmas lights, whip a batch of cookies, clean something, make myself some tea, and realize I really don't want to whine about what horrible drivers Georgians are. I would much rather sit on my couch, look at the lights on the mantle and on the tree, pet the dogs, and listen to husband-dear making up songs in the kitchen. Or decide we have way too much peanut butter, and venture into the previously unexplored world of online recipes and whip up a batch of peanut brittle (brittle = cookies left in the oven too long). Or reconfigure our picture wall. Or write Christmas cards. Or call friends.
So, from the bottom of my heart, I'm sorry. I know you all love to read about my bah-humbug attitude towards life, but right now, there's just very little humbug and lots of jolly old cheer.
Now please excuse me while I have my first glass of eggnog of the season. I promise that there will be more of the usual after the weekend. I think. Although if I hear that Beach Boys song with the lyrics "Christmas comes this time each year" one more time, you may get your usual vinegar-filled blogging a bit sooner.
2 comments:
Being busy with life is just fine :)
I agree with Annemiek. Enjoy:-)
Post a Comment