I promise, I am going to write a very profound blog about the awesome, inspiring, intellectually challenging conference I went to this past week. I will also find time to write about running along the Mississippi river when the sun is peeping over the horizon. And I will also tell you about the incredibly rude host we encountered at the famous Rendez-Vous rib restaurant in Memphis in painful and extensive detail. I promise. But not right now. And why? Because right now, all I have time for is to do two things. One, share my to do list with you. And two, beg you to be patient, as my next few blogs will probably be more likely center to student antics, ornery secretaries, and idiotic university policies than flowers, bees, cotton, or even that awesome Memphis conference. And also, to let you know that support in the form of coffee and/or chocolate, (you are welcome to ship some if you don't happen to live in the wondrous world that is rural Georgia), is always welcome too.
With all that said, here is my to do list. With things that need to be completed before Thursday:
1. Grade thirty online homework assignments
2. Grade thirty online discussion threads
3. Download the next module's assignments (and preferably start grading them too, but I'm pretty sure that won't be happening before Thursday)
4. Grade Research Methods papers (about twenty)
5. Prepare Tuesday's annual evaluation (add in: freak out about Tuesday's evaluation)
6. Go to evaluation and do well.
7. Review five online classes and turn in written reviews
8. Grade Senior projects
9. Grade graduating senior portfolios
10. Sit in on senior portfolio defenses (note: Thursday from 2-4pm)
11. Write letter of recommendation for student seeking admission to Ed.D program
12. Turn in five textbook requisition forms for next semester
13. Teach normal class load
14. Ask Steve if I've forgotten anything
15. Not lose mind.
Can you tell I am just beyond thrilled? Because I am. Really.
And I just thought of a really cool closing sentence, and then I forgot. It's the to do list, I'm telling you.
Twenty days and 56 minutes until commencement.
1 comment:
oh and a little something for Bibi;-)
Post a Comment